Hooh...haah...have posted 100 recipes so far...
Celebrating this special occasion with a new simple recipe!!!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
- Dates (finely chopped) - 1 cup
- Breadcrumbs - 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Honey - 1/4 cup
- Milk - 3 tbsp
- Ghee / Butter (to grease) - 1 tsp
- Finely chop the dates; set aside.
- Grind three slices of bread in a mixie; set aside.
- Combine chopped dates, breadcrumbs, honey and milk in a mixing bowl.
- Set this mixture air tight in a stainless steel basin/pudding mold & seal tightly with aluminium foil.
- Steam cook in a pressure cooker for about 25 min in high flame; allow to cool for about 5 min.
- Unmold holding a plate on the top of the basin/pudding mold & carefully flip it upside down.
- Serve either warm or chilled.
- I was in shortage of honey; used two teaspoons of brown sugar for the recipe & hence the rich dark brown color.