Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
- Rolled oats - 2 cups
- Onion - 3 medium sized
- Beans - 5 to 6
- Capsicum - 1 medium sized
- Carrot - 2 small sized
- Potato - 1 medium sized
- Ginger (peeled & grated) - 1/2 inch piece
- Green chillies (vertically slit) - 2
- Lemon juice (optional) - 2 tbsp
- Water - 3 cups
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Split urad dhal - 1 tsp
- Split yellow moong dhal - 1 tsp
- Raw / Roasted peanuts - 1 tbsp
- Channa dhal - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Wash, peel & finely chop all vegetables; set aside.
- Dry roast steel cut oats on medium flame for about 3 to 5 min until light brown.
- Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds & let it splutter.
- Add rest of the seasoning ingredients; saute for a min or two.
- Add finely sliced onions, vertically slit green chillies, grated ginger, salt & saute until golden brown.
- Add all the other vegetables one by one & saute on high flame for 3 min.
- Close with lid, reduce flame to low & cook for 3 min.
- Open lid, combine, close with lid & cook again for another 3 min on low flame.
- The vegetables should be glossy in appearance & finely roasted in oil.
- Now add water & once the water starts to boil, add roasted oats, stir well & close with lid.
- Allow to cook for 3 min; then open lid, combine & cook uncovered for another 2 min.
- Add lemon juice, stir well & serve hot with any chutney or pickle of your choice.