Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Serves: 2 to 3
- Tomato (finely chopped) - 1 large sized
- Asafoetida bar - 2 small pebble sized pieces
- Green chillies (de seeded) - 2
- Thick tamarind extract - 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Rasam powder - 3 to 4 tsp
- Garlic pods (peeled & crushed) - 15 to 20
- Water - 3 cups
- Salt - 1.5 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1.5 tsp
- Cilantro (finely chopped) - 3 tbsp
- Add finely chopped tomato, asafoetida pieces, de seeded green chillies, tamarind extract, turmeric powder, rasam powder, water, salt, sugar in a kadai/wok/karchatti/ & allow to boil for about 3 to 5 min in medium flame.
- Meanwhile crush garlic pods & add to another vessel with a tight sealing lid.
- Add finely chopped cilantro along with the crushed garlic pods & set aside.
- Now add the boiled rasam over the crushed garlic pods & chopped cilantro; immediately seal tightly with lid; set aside.
- Heat ghee in a tadka ladle on medium flame for 2 min.
- Add mustard seeds & let it splutter.
- Switch off gas, add cumin powder & saute for few sec.
- Add seasoning to the rasam; immediately seal tightly with lid; set aside once again for half an hour for all the flavors to blend in completely.
- Serve along with steamed rice along with any stir fry of your choice.