Cooking Time: 20 min
Grinding Equipment: Indian Mixie ~ Small dry grinding jar
- Tomatoes - 5 to 6 medium sized
- Water - 4 cups
- Wash tomatoes well in water & pat dry.
- Heat water in a vessel until it starts to boil.
- Now add the tomatoes one by one in to hot boiling water & allow to boil for about 15 to 20 min.
- Strain the blanched tomatoes using a colander.
- Allow blanched tomatoes to cool at room temperature or for quick results you can keep them right away in the freezer for about 5 to 10 min.
- Peel of skin & blend well using a blender/mixie to a smooth puree.
- Add quarter cup water while blending if necessary.
- Store in a clean, dry, air tight food grade plastic container or Tupperware & refrigerate for further use.