Cooking Time: 15 to 20 min
- Thick rice flakes - 2 cups
- Onion - 2 medium sized
- Green chilly - 1
- Fresh grated coconut - 3/4 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 to 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Split urad dhal - 1/2 tsp
- Split yellow moong dhal - 1/2 tsp
- Channa dhal - 1 tsp
- Raw peanuts - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - 8 to 10
- Wash thick rice flakes in water for about two to three times & drain.
- Add water just enough to soak them & leave it undisturbed for an hour.
- Meanwhile chop onions & vertically slit the green chilly.
- After an hour, to the plumped up rice flakes add salt, fresh grated coconut, mix well, close with lid & set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok; add peanuts, channa dhal, split moong dhal, urad dhal, curry leaves; saute for few sec.
- Add mustard seeds & let it splutter.
- To this seasoning add water & let it boil for about 3 to 5 min.
- Now add the rice flakes mixture & combine well.
- Cover with lid, cook for 2 to 3 min in low flame & switch off gas.
- Add lemon juice; drizzle coconut oil; mix well & serve hot.