Try it out & do post your valuable comments!!!
Prep Time: 10 min
Fermenting Time: 4 hrs
Cooking time: 20 min
- Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- Sooji - 1 1/4 tbsp
- Curd - 2 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Water - nearly a cup to knead the dough
- Oil - to deep fry
- Combine all the above listed ingredients to prepare a soft dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for 4 hrs.
- Pinch off dough, make lemon sized balls and roll into thick oval shaped rotis.
- Heat oil in wok on medium flame; once hot enough, slide the bhature in to the oil along the sides.
- By using the back of the ladle gently press down the center portion and the edges seem to puff up simultaneously.
- Flip and deep fry the other side until light golden brown; do not deep fry longer as the bhature might get charred.
- Transfer contents to kitchen tissues to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with Batata Humman or any side dish of your choice.
- The oil has to be hot enough before deep frying the bhatures; or else they become soggy absorbing too much oil.
- Strictly follow the fermentation time for best results.