Cooking Time: 40 min
- Fresh grated carrots - 2 cups
- Milk - 2 cups
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nuts - 6 to 8 no's
- Raisins - 1 tbsp
- Almonds - 8 to 10 no's
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee in a pan, saute cashew nuts & raisins separately; set aside.
- Slice the almonds & set aside.
- Boil milk on medium to high heat in a heavy bottomed pan until reduced to a cup; set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee in a wok, add the grated carrots & stir fry for about 6 to 8 min.
- Stir fried carrots ought to be tender with a slight change in color.
- Add milk and cook for about 10 to 12 min until dry.
- Add sugar and stir fry for another 3 to 5 min until halwa starts leaving the sides of the wok.
- Garnish with cashew nuts, raisins & sliced almonds.
- Serve either warm or chilled.
- Carrot halwa can be refrigerated up to a week.
- I have used Delhi carrots (red ones) for the recipe; hence the colour; can also use the ordinary ones.