Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
- Bhindi / Lady's finger / Okra - 500 gms
- Potato / Aloo - 2 medium sized
- Asafoetida powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sambhar powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
- Dhania powder - 1/4 tsp
- Roasted gram powder / Dhalia powder - 2 tsp
- Roasted, peeled peanuts (coarsely crushed) - 3 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Wash, pat dry, slit bhindi's vertically in to two halves & chop in to 1/2 inch pieces.
- Peel, wash & dice the potatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds & let it splutter.
- Add chopped bhindi's, diced potatoes, curry leaves & salt; stir fry continuously on high flame for 3 min so that they do not stick to the pan.
- Reduce flame to medium, cover with lid & cook for 3 min.
- Add all the spice powders one by one, combine well, cook for another 3 min.
- Open lid, mix well again & cook uncovered for 2 to 3 min.
- Add the roasted gram powder, coarsely crushed peanuts & toss well.