Cooking time: 5 min
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Whole milk - 400 ml
- Chickpea flour / Besan (heaped) - 2 tbsp
- Sugar (heaped) - 3 tbsp
- Cashew nuts (broken) - 1 tbsp
- Blanched & silvered almonds - 1 tbsp
- Raisins - 1 tbsp
- Saffron strands - 10
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Black seedless grapes - few
- Add saffron strands to milk and set aside.
- Roast besan in a tablespoon of ghee until slightly darker & set aside.
- Roast cashew nuts & raisins separately in another tablespoon of ghee; set aside.
- Combine milk and roasted besan in a bowl; mix well ensuring no lumps are formed.
- Add the above mixture to a pan; stir well & boil in high flame for 3 min.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder; boil again for 2 min in high flame until it thickens to a custard like consistency.
- Switch off gas; add the silvered almonds, roasted cashews and raisins; stir well.
- Transfer contents to a serving glass and garnish.
- Refrigerate the contents to set & serve chilled.
- Can use either strawberries, cherries or any other berries for garnishing.