Cooking Time: 40 min
- Cauliflower florets - 2 cups
- Fresh / Frozen green peas - 1/2 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Vegetable oil - 1 to 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Dhania powder - 1 tsp
- Kashmiri chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Sambhar powder - 1/2 tsp
- Aamchur powder - 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida powder - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Boil water in a wide mouthed vessel, add salt, stir well & switch off gas.
- Add cauliflower florets & green peas, close with lid; leave aside for about 5 to 7 min; drain water.
- Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds & let it splutter.
- Add asafoetida powder, curry leaves, salt & saute for few sec.
- Now add drained florets & peas along with rest of the spice powders; combine well.
- Close with lid & cook for about 3 min on low flame; open lid & combine well.
- Again close with lid & cook for another 6 min on low flame; open lid & combine well.
- Cook uncovered for another 3 to 6 min combining all ingredients at regular intervals.
- Adjust salt according to taste.
- Once done, switch off gas,close with lid & let it rest for 3 min.
- Transfer contents to a serving bowl.
- Serves best along with steamed rice, sambhar and rasam.
- To serve as a side dish for chapathis, just add a tsp of garam masala powder while cooking.