Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 40 min
Yields: approx 15 to 20 pieces
- Fresh grated coconut - 2 cups2 cups grated coconut
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 1.5 cups
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Melted ghee - 4 to 5 tbsp + to grease plate + to grease spatula
- Grease a small sized thaali/plate with melted ghee & keep aside.
- Heat a kadai on medium flame, add sugar and water; stir well until all the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Bring to boil & cook sugar syrup to 2 string consistency.
- Take a drop of the syrup on a plate, allow to cool, touch with your index finger & stretch it in between your index finger and the thumb.
- The syrup should form at least 2 to 3 thin thread like strings; this whole process takes about 15 min.
- At this stage, immediately add the grated coconut, ghee and cardamom powder and fold well.
- Stir & fold continuously at regular intervals for about 15 min until the mixture appears thick and starts leaving the sides of the kadai.
- Switch off gas & transfer contents immediately on to a greased thali and spread out evenly with a greased spatula.
- Let it become warm; cut them using a sharp knife as per desired shapes & sizes.
- Allow to cool; store in a dry, air tight container.
- Stays fresh for a week when stored at room temperature.
- If you do not have a spatula, can use the plastic knife provided by the retail showrooms along with Mixie & Wet grinder packages.