Setting Time: Overnight
- Milk - 1 liter
- Curd - 1/2 tsp
- Boil milk for about 30 min until fairly thick.
- Allow to cool for 10 min; the milk should be hot enough to handle; not either too hot or too cold.
- Wash a food grade plastic container or a Tupperware, add 1/2 tsp of curd.
- Pour in the milk & stir well; close with lid & leave it overnight for the milk to set.
- Good, fresh, thick curd is ready by the morning.
- Refrigerate curd for further use.
- To obtain good, fresh, thick curd without a bit of sourness ; do not use stainless steel vessel for the setting process as it quickly imparts sourness to the curd; instead use earthen wares, food grade plastic containers or tupper ware for the process.
- The curd used here for the setting process is already home made; can also use the store bought ones.