Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
- Curd / Buttermilk (fairly thick) - 2 cups
- Salt - to taste
- Fresh grated coconut - 2 tbsp
- Green chillies (broken) - 2
- Pearl onions (peeled & washed) - 2
- Garlic pods (peeled) - 2
- Cumin seed powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Vegetable oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Pearl onions (finely chopped) - 2
- Ginger (finely chopped) - quarter inch piece
- Fenugreek seeds - 6 to 8
- Broken red chillies - 2
- Curry leaves - few
- Churn curd using a curd churner or a mixie.
- Grind all the above mentioned ingredients to a fine paste.
- Add ground paste, salt to the churned curd; stir well.
- Transfer contents to a heavy bottomed pan, heat on low flame for about 3 to 4 min stirring constantly; do not allow to boil.
- Heat oil in a tadka ladle; add mustard seeds & let it splutter.
- Add finely chopped pearl onions, chopped ginger, broken red chillies, curry leaves & saute for a min.
- Now add fenugreek seeds and saute for few sec.
- Pour the seasoning into the curd mixture and stir well.
- Serve hot with steamed rice & any vegetable stir fry recipe of your choice.
- Can also use sour curd / sour buttermilk for the recipe; increase other ingredients depending upon sourness.