Cooking Time: 30 min
Serves: 2 to 3
- Bread crumbs - 2 cups (approx 6 loaves)
- Milk - 1. 25 cups
- Ghee - 1/3 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup (or) as per taste
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Blanched & silvered almonds - 2 tsp
- Cashew nuts - 2 tsp
- Raisins - 2 tsp
- Heat two teaspoons of ghee in a pan, add cashew nuts; saute until golden brown; set aside.
- Add raisins; saute until they puff and set aside; do not char the raisins as they tend to taste bitter.
- Heat one third cup of ghee in another pan & saute bread crumbs on low flame for about 7 to 10 min.
- Transfer sauteed bread crumbs on to a plate; set aside to cool for about 10 min.
- Meanwhile boil milk along with sugar in the same pan and stir continuously until all the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Stir in the sauteed bread crumb; cover with lid & let the bread crumbs cook in the milk-sugar mixture on low flame for about 3 to 5 min.
- Once the bread crumbs has completely absorbed the milk-sugar mixture, cook contents on medium flame, stirring continuously until it starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Switch off gas and transfer contents on to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with blanched & silvered almonds, sauteed cashew nuts and raisins.
- Serve either warm or chilled.