Cooking Time: 10 min
- Potatoes - 4 to 6 medium sized
- Onions (finely chopped) - 2 large sized
- Green chillies (vertically slit) - 2
- Ginger (crushed) - 1 inch piece
- Thick coconut milk - 3/4 cup
- Coconut oil - few drops
- Water - 2 cups
- Salt - to taste
- Vegetable oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Wash,cut each potato in to two, pressure cook for about 2 whistles; cool & peel.
- Mash half of the peeled potatoes & dice the rest half.
- Heat oil in wok, add mustard seeds & let it splutter.
- Add finely chopped onions, curry leaves, green chillies & crushed ginger; saute for 3 min,.
- Add mashed potatoes, diced potatoes, salt, water & allow to boil for 3 min.
- Stir in the coconut milk & allow to boil for another 3 min.
- Switch off gas, drizzle few drops of coconut oil & combine.
- Set aside for few min until all the flavors blend in well.
- Serve hot with aapam, idlies and dosas.