Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: approx 6 min
- Roasted gram dhal - 3/4 cup
- Onion (diced) - 2 medium sized
- Tomatoes (quartered)- 3 medium sized
- Green chillies (vertically slit) - 1 to 2
- Ginger (crushed) - 1/2 inch piece
- Water - 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Gingelly oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Grind roasted gram dhal to a coarse paste adding half cup water in a mixie.
- Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds & let it splutter.
- Add curry leaves, salt, diced onions, vertically slit green chillies & saute for just a min.
- Add the quartered tomatoes & saute for 2 min.
- Add half cup water, crushed ginger piece & allow to boil for about 2 min.
- Finally add the ground paste; cook for a min & switch off gas.
- Serve hot with idlies, dosas, chapathis, phulkas, rotis & pooris.
- Add enough water to get the desired consistency.
- Always use the small dry grinding jar of the mixie to prepare chutneys.