Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
- Onions (finely chopped) - 2 medium sized
- Ginger (crushed) - 1/2 inch piece
- Garlic pods (crushed) - 6 to 8
- Tomatoes (quartered) - 4 small sized
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 8 to 10
- Thick coconut milk - 1/2 cup
- Cilantro (finely chopped) - 2 tbsp
- Water - 2 cups
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds (or) Khus khus (dry roasted for a min) - 1 tsp
- Fresh grated coconut (dry roasted until golden brown) - 3 tbsp
- Cashew nuts - 10
- Heat oil in a wok, add onions and saute until transparent.
- Add crushed ginger & garlic; saute for 2 min.
- Add curry leaves, red chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and saute for few sec.
- Add the quartered tomatoes and saute for 3 min.
- Add the ground paste, water, salt, sugar and cook for 5 to 7 min until the gravy thickens.
- Switch off gas & add finely chopped cilantro.
- Stir in the thick coconut milk & serve hot.