Prep Time: 15 min
Soaking Time: 3 to 4 hrs
Grinding Equipment: Indian Mixie ~ Wet grinding jar
- Raw rice - 2 cups
- Urad dhal - 4 tbsp
- Tomatoes (finely chopped) - 4 medium sized
- Fresh grated coconut - 4 tbsp
- Red chilly powder - 2 tsp (or) as per taste
- Jaggery extract - 2 tbsp
- Cilantro (finely chopped) - 3 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Wash rice well in water for 2 to 3 times; drain water.
- Wash urad dhal once in water; drain water.
- Soak both rice & dhal in water for about 3 to 4 hrs.
- Drain water; grind rice and urad dhal mixture along with chopped tomatoes, fresh grated coconut, red chilly powder, jaggery, cilantro, salt, little water to a smooth paste.
- Tomato dosa batter requires no fermentation; the batter can be used on the same day.