Prep Time: 20 min
Yields: 8 ladoos
- Vermicelli - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Cardamom pods - 4
- Cashew nuts - 8
- Almonds - 8
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Peel cardamom pods and crush seeds using pestle & mortar.
- Grind sugar into fine powder using the small dry grinding jar of mixie.
- Grind cashew nuts, almonds, ground cardamom pods to a fine powder in a mixie.
- Warm up the ghee and keep aside.
- Heat half a tsp of ghee in a pan on low heat, add vermicelli and saute until golden brown; allow to cool.
- Grind roasted & cooled vermicelli to a fine powder using a mixie.
- Sieve the ground vermicelli in order to separate the coarse particles; grind again into fine powder.
- Repeat until the final smooth mixture is obtained; transfer contents to a mixing bowl.
- Now add ground sugar, nuts & cardamom powder; mix well.
- Pour warm ghee and shape them in to ladoos.
- Store in a dry, air tight container; stays fresh for a week or two.
- Can also add raisins to the ladoos.
- Can also add roasted grated coconut to make vermicelli coconut ladoos.