Prep Time: 20 min
Yields: 15 Ladoos
- Sooji - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts (broken) - 3 tbsp
- Raisins - 3 tbsp
- Fresh grated coconut - 1cup
- Cardamom pods (crushed) - 8
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Peel cardamom pods and crush seeds using pestle & mortar.
- Heat a tbsp of ghee on medium heat in a wok, add sooji, saute until golden brown; set aside.
- Heat another tbsp of ghee on medium heat, add fresh grated coconut, saute until golden brown; set aside.
- Heat a tsp of ghee, saute broken cashew nuts & raisins; keep aside.
- Combine all the above roasted ingredients in a mixing bowl along with cardamom powder.
- Add sugar in a wok along with half cup water.
- Bring to boil and stir well until all the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Once done, immediately add the sooji mixture, switch off gas, stir continuously and cook for a min or two.
- Allow mixture to become warm enough to handle & start shaping them in to ladoos.
- Wash hand in water before shaping each and every ladoo so that the sooji mixture does not stick to the hand.
- Store in a dry,air tight container; stays fresh for a couple of weeks.
- Do not cook the sugar solution until single thread consistency.
- Do not overcook once the sooji mixture is added to the the sugar syrup.
- If the sooji and sugar mixture has cooled down, can reheat again for a min and then shape in to ladoos.