Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Serves: 3 to 4
- Bhindi / Ladys finger - 250 gms
- Tomatoes (finely chopped) - 3 medium sized
- Thick tamarind extract - 1/4 cup
- Sambhar powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Vegetable oil - 1/2 tbsp
- Sesame oil - 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida powder - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Wash; pat dry bhindis & chop them in to half inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds & let it splutter.
- Add asafoetida powder, curry leaves & saute for few sec.
- Add chopped bhindi pieces, salt & stir fry in high flame for about 3 min.
- Cover with lid & cook for another 3 min until crisp.
- Add finely chopped tomato, sambhar powder, red chilly powder; cover with lid & cook for 3 min.
- Add tamarind extract, water; adjust salt; cover & cook for another 4 to 6 min.
- Serve hot with chapathis, phulkas and rotis.