Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Serves: 3 to 4
- Bottle gourd - 1 medium sized
- Roasted gram powder - 3/4 to 1 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Green chillies (finely chopped) - 2
- Red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder (optional) - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - juice of one full lemon
- Vegetable oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Wash, peel & dice bottle gourd.
- Pressure cook along with green chillies, salt without adding water for two whistles.
- Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds & let it splutter.
- Add cumin seeds, curry leaves; saute for a min or two.
- Add the pressure cooked bottle gourd, red chilly powder, roasted gram powder, garam masala powder; cook for 3 to 5 min in medium flame.
- Switch off gas, add lemon juice & combine.
- Serve hot with chapthis, rotis, phulkas, parathas, idlies & dosas.