Cooking Time: 2 to 3 min
- Marie biscuits - 25 no's
- Whole milk - 3 cups + 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 6 tbsp
- Cornflour - 3 tbsp
- Cocoa powder - 3 tbsp
- Filter coffee decoction (optional) - 5 tbsp diluted with 3 tbsp water
- Cashew nuts (chopped) - 2 tbsp
- Almonds (grated) - 2 tbsp
- Raisins - 2 tbsp
- Dip each marie biscuit on both sides in diluted coffee decoction and arrange them in a serving bowl.
- Repeat same method until all biscuits are done.
- In a heavy bottomed pan boil milk, sugar; stir until all sugar has dissolved completely.
- In a bowl, mix cocoa powder and cornflour.
- Make a smooth paste using half cup milk; ensure no lumps are formed.
- As the milk begins to boil, add cocoa, cornflour mixture and stir well.
- Keep stirring continuously and cook for about 2 to 3 min.
- Switch off gas as the mixture begins to thicken like that of custard; yet of pouring consistency.
- While still hot, pour the mixture all over the biscuits in such a way that they are completely dunked in the cocoa sauce.
- Garnish with nuts and raisins; refrigerate & serve chilled.
- Can also use instant coffee powder mixing with Luke warm water.
- Dissolve three teaspoon sugar in a cup of milk; dip marie biscuits on both sides & arrange in a serving bowl; this method is for those who loathe coffee flavor in the recipe.