Prep Time: 15 min
Serves: 2 to 3
- Fresh grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Roasted gram - 1/4 cup
- Garlic pods (peeled) - 3
- Green chillies (broken) - 2
- Coriander leaves (chopped) - 1/4 cup
- Tamarind extract (optional) - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Sesame oil/Gingelly oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Split urad dhal - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Grind all the above mentioned ingredients in a mixie to a smooth paste adding quarter cup of water.
- Heat oil in a tadka ladle, add mustard seeds & let it splutter.
- Add split urad dhal, curry leaves & saute for a min.
- Add the seasoning to the chutney; mix well.
- Serve as a side dish along with upmas, idlies, dosas, chapathis, phulkas, rotis & pooris.
- Always use the small dry grinding jar of the mixie to prepare chutneys.