Prep Time: 15 min
Serves: 2 to 3
- Fresh grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Roasted gram - 1/2 cup
- Dill leaves (roughly chopped) - 1/4 cup
- Green chillies (broken) - 2 to 3
- Fresh tender ginger (sliced) - 1/2 inch piece
- Tamarind extract (optional) - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Sesame oil/Gingelly oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Split urad dhal - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Broken dry red chilly - 1
- Wash dill leaves in water for about three to four times.
- Grind all the above mentioned ingredients to a smooth paste adding quarter cup water.
- Serve either as such or seasoned, along with akki roti, idli, dosa varieties, chapathis, phulkas, rotis & pooris.
- I have skipped the seasoning here due to lack of time :)
- Always use the small dry grinding jar of the mixie to prepare chutneys.