Cooking Time: 10 min
- Fresh thick yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Besan - 2 tsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Ginger (finely grated) - 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies (finely chopped) - 1/2 tsp
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Asafoetida powder - pinch
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Cloves - 3
- Cinnamon stick - 1/2 inch piece
- Curry leaves - few
- Thick jaggery extract - 3 tsp
- Cilantro (finely chopped) - 2 tsp
- Pour yogurt in a deep bowl, add gram flour and whisk well
- Add salt, grated ginger, chopped green chillies and mix well; whisk well again adding half cup of water.
- Heat ghee in a small wok, add asafoetida, cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon and curry leaves.
- Saute until cumin seeds start changing in color.
- Add the yogurt mixture, jaggery extract and cook on low heat stirring continuously for five minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot with chapathis, rotis, phulkas, stuffed parathas and also with briyani varieties.