Prep Time: 15 min
Soaking Time: 3 hrs
Cooking Time: 25 min
- Raw rice - 1 cup
- Fresh grated coconut - 1 cup
- Pumpkin (yellow or red colored) - 1.5 cups
- Thick jaggery extract - 1 cup to 1.25 cups
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Dry ginger powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Bay leaves - 4
- Ghee/Butter - 2 tsp
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Wash raw rice well in water and soak for 3 hrs; drain & set aside.
- Grind rice & fresh grated coconut to a smooth paste adding quarter cup water in a mixie.
- Transfer contents to a mixing bowl; combine jaggery extract, grated pumpkin, cardamom powder, dry ginger powder & mix well.
- Grease a thali plate with ghee, pour batter & arrange bay leaves on top.
- Steam cook in a pressure cooker for about 25 min.
- Give a standing time to the pressure cooker before opening the lid.
- Cut into desired shapes and size.
- Serve either warm or chilled.