Prep Time: 20 min
Soaking Time: 1 hr
Cooking Time: 15 to 20 min
Yields: 6 to 7
- Oat meal (Saffola Oats) - 1 cup
- Rava / Sooji / Semolina (dry roasted) - 1/2 cup
- Rice flour - 1/2 cup
- Thick curd (medium sour) - 1 cup
- Onions (finely chopped) - 1 large sized
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Water - 1 cup (or) as reqd
- Carrot (grated) - 1/2 cup
- Cilantro (finely chopped) - 3 tbsp
- Sesame oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Grind oat meal to a fine powder; dry roast for about 3 min; set aside to cool.
- Dry roast rava until light brown; set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in pan, add finely chopped onion; saute until golden brown.
- Add pepper powder, cumin powder and saute for 3 min; switch off gas; allow to cool.
- Combine oat meal powder, rava, rice flour along with sauteed onion mixture, curd, grated carrot, salt, water, chopped cilantro; mix well.
- Leave the batter undisturbed for an hour.
- Adjust quantity of water so as to get the consistency of dosa batter.
- Heat an iron griddle in medium flame.
- Pour in a ladle of batter exactly at the center of the griddle.
- Swirl batter in circular motion with the back of the ladle.
- Drizzle few drops of oil all around the edges; cook for two to three min in medium flame.
- Flip & cook the other side similarly.
- Serve hot with tomato chutney and Idly, dosa sambhar or with any other chutney/sambhar of your choice.
- Can use any branded oatmeal of your choice for the recipe.
- Always dry roast the rava until light brown; allow to cool and store in a dry air tight container for future use.