Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
- Tomatoes - 5 medium sized
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar (optional) - 1//2 tsp
- Sesame oil/Gingelly oil - 3 tsp
- Sesame oil/Gingelly oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida powder - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Wash, pat dry & slice tomatoes.
- Heat oil in wok, add sliced tomatoes, cumin powder, red chilly powder; stir fry until mushy; allow to cool.
- Peel off skin & grind to a smooth paste in a mixie.
- Heat oil in tadka ladle, add mustard seeds & let it splutter.
- Add asafoetida powder, curry leaves & saute for few sec.
- Add the seasoning and mix well.
- Serve this hot, tangy chutney as a side dish for idlies, dosas, chapthis, rotis, phulkas & pooris.
- Always use the small dry grinding jar of the mixie to prepare chutneys.