Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
- Carrots - 1/4 kg
- Milk - 1 liter
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cashew nuts - 1 tbsp
- Raisins - 1 tbsp
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Saffron strands (optional) - few
- Peel & wash carrots well in water.
- Cut each carrot in to two halves; pressure cook them for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Give a standing time to the pressure cooker before opening the lid.
- Allow pressure cooked carrots to cool; blend to a fine paste using a blender / mixie.
- Heat milk in a heavy bottomed pan; allow milk to boil for about 20 min on medium flame until reduced to half.
- Add the blended carrot paste & cook for 5 min.
- Add sugar; stir well & cook for another 5 min.
- Stir in the cardamom powder.
- Adjust sugar according to taste.
- Heat ghee in a pan; add cashew nuts; saute until golden brown; set aside.
- Add raisins & saute until they puff up; do not char the raisins as they tend to taste bitter.
- Garnish carrot kheer with sauteed cashew nuts, raisins and saffron.
- Serve either chilled or warm.