Soaking Time (Fenugreek) - Overnight
Soaking Time (Urad dhal, Channa dhal) - 3 hrs
Soaking Time (Poha) - 30 min
Fermenting Time: 12 to 14 hrs / Overnight
Grinding Equipment: Indian Wet Grinder
- Raw rice - 3.75 cups
- Fenugreek - 1 tsp
- Channa dhal - 1/4 cup
- Thick/Thin Poha - 1/4 cup
- Urad dhal - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
To be done overnight
- Soak raw rice in water overnight.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- Wash raw rice in water for about six to seven times & drain water; set aside drained rice.
- Wash urad dhal and channa dhal in water for about two times; drain water.
- Soak washed dhals in water for 3 hrs; drain & reserve the drained water (about 1/2 cup) for grinding purpose.
- Wash poha well in water for a single time; drain water; cover with lid & set aside for half an hour.
- Need not wash the soaked fenugreek seeds.
- Grind drained rice and dhals, washed poha, soaked fenugreek seeds, salt in a wet grinder for about an hour to a smooth paste.
- Add little by little of the drained dhal water at regular intervals while grinding.
- The batter should be quite thick when compared to regular dosa batter.
- Do not make the batter thin & watery.
- Transfer batter to an air tight container.
- If you have prepared the batter in the morning then allow the batter to ferment for about 12 to 14 hours throughout the day & refrigerate immediately on the same night.
- If you have prepared the batter in the evening, allow batter to ferment overnight & refrigerate immediately on the next day morning.