Yields: approx 2 liters
- Dark brown sugar - 1/4 cup
- White sugar - 3/4 cup
- Fresh grated ginger - 1 tbsp
- Fresh mint leaves - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1 cup + 2 cups + 8 cups
- Lemon juice - 1 cup (or) juice of 8 to 9 medium sized lemons
- Salt - 1 tsp (or) to taste
- Heat a cup of water in low flame; add brown sugar & sugar; stir until both the sugars are completely dissolved; switch off gas; strain; cover with lid & set aside to cool.
- Bring two cups of water to boil, add fresh grated ginger, fresh mint leaves; cover with lid & set aside for 20 min; strain; cover with lid & set aside to cool; discard ginger & mint leaves.
- Extract juice from eight to nine lemons, strain; cover with lid & set aside.
- Take a water jug/large vessel along with eight cups of water; add a cup of strained lemon juice, strained & cooled ginger-mint extract; strained sugar syrup, salt & stir well.
- Adjust salt, sugar & lemon juice according to taste.
- Store in plastic fridge bottles & refrigerate.
- Serve either chilled or at room temperature.
- Can also exclude dark brown sugar & use only ordinary white sugar for the recipe
- Can also serve along with a dash of chaat masala / roasted cumin powder / black salt.
- Can also replace sugar with similar measure of honey.
- For those who are calorie conscious, replace sugar with any other artificial sweetener.