- Beetroot - 1 medium sized
- Thick yogurt - 1.5 cups
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
- Fresh mint leaves - to garnish
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - 1.5 tsp
- Peel & wash beetroot well in water.
- Slice in to two halves & pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Give a standing time to the pressure cooker (say for about 10 min) before opening the lid.
- Dice the cooked beetroot; set aside.
- Whisk curd along with sugar, salt, roasted cumin powder & red chilly powder.
- Add diced beetroot & combine.
- Serve as a side dish for variety rice, pulaos & briyanis.
- The rich color of beetroot will bleed and change the color of yogurt to dark pink; hence plan your meal accordingly.