Cooking Time: 10 to 15 min
Standing Time for Pressure cooker: 10 min
- Raw rice (Pacharisi) - 1 cup
- Water - 2.5 cups
- Salt (optional) - 1/4 tsp
- Soak raw rice in water for about half an hour.
- Wash rice well in water for about 3 to 5 times; drain water.
- Heat pressure cooker with enough water.
- Take a compact vessel, add drained rice, two and a half cups of water, salt & pressure cook for 3 to 5 whistles.
- Give a standing time to the pressure cooker before opening the lid, say for about 7 to 10 min.
- Serve hot steaming rice along with any side dish of your choice.
For Pressure cooker;
1 cup soaked & drained rice : 2.5 cups water
For Rice cooker;
1 cup soaked & drained rice : 3 cups water