Prep Time: 15 min
Soaking Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 30 to 40 min
Serves: 2 to 3
- Raw rice (Sona masoori) - 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp
- Milk - 4 cups
- Water - 3 cups + 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Condensed milk (Milkmaid) - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom pods (finely crushed) - 6 to 8
- Cashew nuts (broken) - 2 tbsp
- Raisins - 2 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp + 1 tsp + 1 tbsp
- Soak raw rice in water for half an hour and drain water.
- Wash rice well in water for about 4 to 5 times and drain water.
- Heat a teaspoon of ghee in a wok, add cashew nuts & saute for a min; set aside.
- Add raisins & saute until they puff; set aside.
- Add another teaspoon of ghee, add the washed & drained rice; saute for few min; set aside.
- Combine milk, water & heat in a heavy bottomed vessel; allow to boil.
- Add the sauteed rice, simmer the gas; cook stirring at regular intervals until milk becomes creamy & thick enough to coat the back of ladle.
- Make sure the rice is cooked well & mushy.
- Stir in half cup condensed milk diluted with half cup water, a tablespoon of ghee and cardamom powder.
- Garnish with ghee sauteed cashew nuts & raisins.
- Serve either chilled or Luke warm.
- Can also use the same measure of either Basmati or Rosematta rice for the recipe.