Delicious manglorean dish made using potatoes!!!
Prep Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
- Potatoes - 4 medium sized
- Tomatoes - 3 medium sized
- Red chillies (dry roasted) - 5
- Fresh grated coconut - 1 cup
- Tamarind pulp - 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
- Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Wash & slit each potato in to two halves.
- Pressure cook for two whistles, allow to cool; cube the potatoes without peeling.
- Wash, puree the tomatoes and set aside.
- Dry roast whole red chillies, cool and discard stem.
- Grind together grated coconut, dry roasted red chillies and tamarind pulp to a smooth paste.
- Mix together tomato puree, coconut paste & asafoetida.
- Heat a wok, add in the potato cubes, the above tomato coconut mixture, three fourth cup water & salt.
- Heat on high flame until it comes to boil; reduce flame to low; cook for another 3 min.
- Drizzle raw coconut oil & close with lid immediately.
- Switch off gas and set aside for five min for all the flavors to blend in completely.
- Serve hot with bhatures, rotis, pooris, chapathis, phulkas, parathas, idlies & dosas.