Cooking Time: 10 to 15 min
- Ripe guavas (cubed) - 2 large sized
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 3/4 tsp
- Spice mixture - 3/4 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Kalonji - 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Grind each of the above spices separately using pestle and mortar to smooth powder & mix together.
- Heat ghee in a kadai, add asafoetida and the spice mix.
- Just as nice aroma emanates the kitchen, add cubed guava pieces and toss gently.
- Add red chilly powder, salt, sugar and mix well.
- Add half cup of water, cover and cook on low heat for about 5 min.
- Serve hot with rotis and pooris.
- Can also prepare similar sabzi with apples.
- Can exclude the cooking part, just toss gently & serve as a warm snack.