Other names - Thakkali dosa / Tamatar dosa
Prep Time: 15 min (except soaking time)
Cooking time: 15 to 20 min
Serves: 3 to 4
- Raw rice - 2 cups
- Urad dhal - 4 tbsp
- Tomatoes (finely chopped) - 4 medium sized
- Fresh grated coconut - 4 tbsp
- Red chilly powder - 2 tsp (or) as per taste
- Jaggery extract - 2 tbsp
- Cilantro (finely chopped) - 3 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Gingelly oil - as reqd
- Wash rice well in water for 2 to 3 times; drain water.
- Wash urad dhal once in water; drain water.
- Soak both rice & dhal in water for about 3 to 4 hrs.
- Drain water and grind rice and urad dhal mixture along with chopped tomatoes, fresh grated coconut, red chilly powder, jaggery, cilantro, salt, little water to a smooth batter.
- Heat iron griddle on high flame until hot; reduce heat & pour a ladle full of dosa batter; swirl batter in circular motion with the back of ladle.
- Drizzle few drops of oil all along the edges and cook on medium heat for a min or two; flip and cook the other side similarly.
- Serve hot with onion chutney & coconut ~ peanut ~ mint Chutney, idly dosa podi or any other chutney of your choice.