Prep Time: 15 min
- Fresh grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Roasted & peeled peanuts - 1/4 cup
- Fresh mint leaves (finely chopped) - 3 tbsp
- Garlic pods (peeled) - 2
- Green chillies (broken) - 2
- Tamarind extract (optional) - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Gingelly oil/Sesame oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Split urad dhal - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Grind fresh grated coconut, peanuts, mint leaves, garlic pods, green chillies, tamarind extract and salt to a smooth paste adding quarter cup of water.
- Heat a tadka ladle, add mustard seeds & let it splutter.
- Add split urad dhal, curry leaves saute for few sec.
- Add the seasoning to the chutney; mix well.
- Serve with tomato dosa, idlies & other dosa varieties.
- Always use the small dry grinding jar of the mixie to prepare chutneys.