Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
- Fresh / frozen green peas (steam cooked / boiled) - 1.5 cups
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Bay leaves - 2
- Onion (chopped) - 1 medium sized
- Ginger (sliced & crushed) - 1 inch piece
- Garlic pods (peeled & crushed) - 4
- Green chilly (vertically slit) - 1 small sized
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Water - 1.5 cups
- Fresh cream / milk (optional) - 1/4 cup
- Toasted bread pieces - to garnish
- Steam cook or boil green peas & keep aside.
- Heat ghee in pan, add onion, bay leaves, ginger, garlic pods, green chilly, cumin seeds & saute for few min.
- Switch off gas & allow to cool; remove bay leaves & keep aside.
- Blend boiled green peas along with the sauted ingredients to a smooth puree.
- Heat one & a half cups of water in a sauce pan, bring it to boil, add the sauted bay leaves, salt & the puree; stir well.
- Cook for five to six minutes, stirring continuously; remove bay leaves and discard.
- This soup is of thick consistency; however the consistency varies depending on the quantity of water used.
- Stir in fresh cream or milk.
- Garnish with toasted bread pieces & serve hot.