Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
- Raw mango - 1 medium sized
- Thick jaggery syrup - 1/2 cup
- Dry ginger powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - pinch
- Sesame oil - 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Broken red chillies - 3 to 4
- Curry leaves - few
- Wash, pat dry & dice mango.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds & let it splutter.
- Add broken red chillies, curry leaves; saute for few sec.
- Add the diced mangoes, saute for 2 to 3 min
- Add half cup of water & salt; cover with lid; cook for 3 min.
- Add thick jaggery syrup, dry ginger powder; cook for 3 min; switch off gas.
- Can also replace dry ginger powder with asafoetida powder.
- Increase the quantity of jaggery if you have a sweet tooth.