Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
- Rice rava (store bought) - 1 cup
- Fresh/frozen grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Hot water - 3 cups
- Salt - 1.25 tsp (or) to taste
- Sesame oil / Gingelly oil - 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Split urad dhal - 2 tsp
- Bengal gram dhal - 2 tsp
- Split yellow moong dhal - 2 tsp
- Raw peanuts - 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts - 1 tbsp
- Broken dry red chillies - 3 to 5
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Whole peppercorns (crushed coarsely) - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida powder - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Heat sesame oil in pan, add mustard seeds & let it splutter.
- Add rest of the seasoning ingredients & saute for a min or two on medium flame.
- Add rice rava, salt & saute along with the seasoning ingredients for 3 min.
- Add grated coconut & saute for few seconds.
- Add hot water and stir well immediately; close with lid & cook on low flame for 5 min.
- Stir contents; close with lid & cook again on low flame for 2 min.
- Open lid, stir contents & cook uncovered on low flame for 2 min.
- Switch off gas & transfer contents on to a serving bowl.
- Serve with any sambhar, chutney of your choice.
- If you would like to prepare rice rava at home then click here.